Comment on page
All About Hala Mobility Service
We don't imagine the future, we ride it. Moving India towards a most comfortable and sustainable mobility
What is the service? HALA's is a multi-modal shared mobility service that allows you to move around the city in a comfortable and sustainable way. Hala is currently live in Hyderabad, Mumbai, Pune, Vizag & Chennai.How does the service work? To start using Hala, you just have to download the HALA Mobility app, register and locate the nearest scooter.How sustainable is the system really? To make a comparison, riding a HALA vehicle uses half the energy of a toaster to take you around the city at 50km/h. Even taking into account the emissions produced in the power plants where the batteries are made, HALA emits 2% of the emissions of a car driving around the city. Moreover, almost all parts of the vehicle are recyclable, including the battery.How can I sign up for the service? Registering is very simple, you can do it through the HALA Mobility app, available for both IOS and Android:
- 1.Fill in the registration form, with your personal details, driving license, your ID & address proof and your bank card/account information.
- 2.We will verify your data and notify you once they are validated.
- 3.Once the verification is done, you can access the service by logging into the app.Where does HALA service work? Hala is currently live with its services in Hyderabad, Pune, Mumbai, Vizag & Chennai.What do I need to know about riding an electric vehicle? Electric vehicles are very quiet: pedestrians, animals or other people and vehicles you may find in your way might not hear you passing by, so make sure that they see you and do not hesitate to use the horn to avoid dangerous situations. They are also very reactive to acceleration: specially when they do it from deadlock (0 km/h). During acceleration please be careful not to be surprised by the power and electric traction of the chain.What requirements do I have to meet to use the scooters? To use Hala's high speed scooters you must be over 18 years of age with a valid driving license and have a valid payment method. If you are in the age group of 16 to 18, you can use Hala's low speed scooters and move around the city with zero carbon footprint.How can I recognize a HALA vehicle?Hala scooters comes in multiple size and colour options and have identification stickers with the brand name and logo. But this is not all, to recognize every vehicle we assigned a personalized name. In this way it is much easier to spot them on the map! The name tag is placed in the inside part of the handlebars. Do you want one of them to be called like you? Only our best users get it!How can I unsubscribe from the service? You can unsubscribe by reaching out to us through Customer Service Center +91 8340088880 or by sending the form, which you will find in the Terms and Conditions of the service, by emailing your request to [email protected] . How can I join the HALA team?Check out our career section in our website for the different positions. We usually have intern positions or to join the rangers team. If you are passionate about the startup world, sustainable mobility and lifestyle, we want you in our team!How can I stay tuned to all the news that are happening to HALA?Stay tuned with us is super easy! You can follow us through our social media:We also send newsletters with all the information you must know related with the service.
How do I download the App?
The App is available in the App Stores, for Android and iPhone. Downloading it is completely free and you can do it through Google Play or Apple Store. If you do not have any of these operating systems, you can also use the web version on your mobile.
- Step by step registration processvisit our website or download our app from play store or IOS, you will find an input form to introduce your email and press register. Once introduced, you can complete your registration with the rest of your personal details, payment method and uploading your documentation: driving license and ID. Within 30 minutes, you will receive a confirmation email and you will be ready to start using HALA.
- What should I do if I cannot finish my registration?If during the registration process you experience some kind of trouble we recommend you the following options. If the problem persists, do not hesitate to contact us through our chat in the app or through email
- - Check the size of the uploaded files (maximum size: 10 Mb), preferably .png or .jpg formats
- - If you registered through a coupon, check that the promotion is still valid.
- - Try to change browser or device.
How does the App work once you register?
Once you have logged in, it is very easy to navigate through the different tabs:
- - Map: it is the main useful page since you can see the map with the available vehicles and where they can be booked.
- - Edit Profile: you can edit the personal or payment details
- - HALA Store: purchase packages of minutes at discounted prices, or get a monthly membership to ride as much as you want.
- - Ride for free: Invite your friends to join HALA and get your account credited with free minutes.
- - My rides: in this tab you can see a summary of your month, all the data of your rides, the money spent or the credit left. You can also check the list of friends referred.
Where can I find an available vehicle and how can I book it?
The nearest vehicle will always be preselected for you. Nevertheless, you can choose any other if you wish so by clicking on its icon. Click BOOK SCOOTER and it will be booked for you, you will have the scooter blocked for you for 15 minutes for the booking fee and any other user will not be able to book it. A countdown will show up to give you the time left until the booking is cancelled. You can use the map to navigate to the vehicle.
What do the icons with the yellow, black, red and green vehicles in the map mean?
The green icon shows the vehicle that is automatically selected for you when you connect to the map. If you wish to book a different one, the selected one will change from yellow to green to make it easy for you to localize it on the map. (Vehicle Booked). The available vehicles are shown by a yellow icon. These are the vehicles that you can book anytime you want, unless another person books them in that exact moment. The unavailable vehicles are shown with a black icon. These vehicles cannot be booked because someone else has already booked them. A vehicle under service will be shown with a red icon. These vehicles cannot be booked because their batteries are being changed by the HALA team.
How do I unlock the scooter?
When you are 60 meters away from the vehicle, a little icon will appear at the right side of your map to invite you to unlock the unit. . Press UNLOCK SCOOTER and you are ready to ride. The minutes will start running from then on. No keys, everything from the app on your smartphone!